Well, this week hasn’t dragged much but I have to say why do weekends go so quickly?! I can’t even remember what we did last weekend but I always get a surprise when Sunday evenings turn up quicker than expected. We’ve got a lovely weekend planned with a trip to town to get a few bits for our upcoming honeymoon and our nephew’s first birthday bbq. Let’s hope the weather stays bright. Happy weekend everyone. 🙂
So, planning a wedding and blogging at the same time was a bit too much for me. And clearly/ obviously the wedding planning took priority. But I’ve been happily married for a couple of months now, and I thought, why not? I’ve got a bit more spare time on my hands now and I’ve got a lots of lovely things to show you that I made for our amazing wedding.
I’ve been so lame recently. I’ve been thinking about getting the blog going for ages but Christmas came (which was ages ago!) and cold winter evenings meant I didn’t really have the motivation to write anything.
But the days are getting brighter and it’s filling me with do much inspiration to get crafting and start blogging again! I do, however have a list of blogs I wanted to do over the Christmas period so I will give you a brief update of what has happened since then and hope you don’t get bored of my out-of-season blogging! Sorry in advance.
Woohoo! I’ve made it to 100 followers! I’ve been watching the list of followers steadily increase recently and I’m proud to say I’ve made it!
Thank you to everyone who is following craftycorner and I hope you enjoy reading about my latest endeavours, however crazy they are!
I set this little challenge to myself a while a go but I’m ready for the next challenge; 10 likes for a post. Hopefully I will be able to write something witty and informative to interest the wider audience and achieve my target. Fingers crossed I can get there soon.
Happy blogging everyone and thanks again!
I’ve been away.
I’ve had an extended holiday from blog writing but I think I have taken part in enough craft / home projects to have something to write about now and what with the colder nights and lack of tv to watch, what better thing to do than get blogging!
I wonder what has been going on in the blogging world.
During an unsuspecting evening on WordPress I received a comment from Erin at thezennest.com informing me that she had nominated me for the Liebster Award. I had no idea what this was so I quickly googled it to find out more. Soon enough, I had all the information regarding the award and I was surprised to hear that not only was it a sort of friendship token in the blogging world but a way of supporting new blogs with fewer followers. Through our love of Interiors, Erin recently found my blog and I thank you for the award.
So what it means…
The word “Liebster” originates from the German word “liebste” which means “dearest”. The origin of this award is unknown, although several posts have suggested a German blog. The rules of this award had changed over the years although the underlying goal remains the same: to bring attention to blogs that have not been discovered yet.
The rules …
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
2. Copy & Paste the award to your blog.
3. Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Inform them of their nomination by leaving comment on their blog.
5. Answer the question your nominee left you.
Here are my questions from Erin…
1. What are your hobbies? As the name suggests my hobbies are trying new crafts; whether it is mosaics, sewing or making Christmas decorations, I’ll have a go at anything. This initially started when I moved house and wanted to make pretty things to put in it, and living with a boy, who likes football. I have a lot of time on my hands!
2. Movie theater or Netflix? This is a tricky one. For a big blockbuster, there is nothing better than seeing it on the big screen but getting engrossed in a box set (like House of Cards) from Netflix, is just a good, with a glass of wine, in your tracksuit bottoms! Bliss!
3. East coast or West coast? I’ve visited both and loved them however, I would love to go back to both again. At the moment, my boyfriend and I are desperate to visit New York but with flight costs it’s only a dream at the moment. So the answer is East Coast.
4. Trip of a lifetime, where would you go? Before I went to University, I did a gap year, so travelling is a passion of mine. However, my top destination (other than NY) would have to be India at the moment. I would love to see the Taj Mahal, the colours, the different culture and sample the authentic cuisine.
5. Dinner and dancing out with friends or dinner party and gathering at your house? My friends and I have done the partying, we are now into the gatherings. We love cooking a big meal or getting a takeaway, with a couple of glasses of wine and playing games. Our favorites at the moment are the hat game and articulate.
6. Your dream home decor is colorful and busy or white and sparse? I would say I’m a mixture of the two. I don’t tend to paint many rooms white but more subtle pastel shades with pops of colour through the accessories. I would class my interior style as rustic country.
7. Summer or Winter? Summer definitely. Long, warm days where you can spend your time outdoors in cute, little, day dresses. Perfect. (Hoping the warm weather is on it’s way.)
8. Why do you blog? For the enjoyment of showing off what I do, to like-minded individuals and collecting ideas for future projects from them.
9. Where will you be 5 years from now? Hopefully, I will be at the beginning of starting a family, with possibly my husband!
10. What is your one all-time favorite food? Ainsley Harriott’s Carbonara cooked by my mum.
Now for my nominations…
Cottage on the Green (I’m sorry I know you’ve just been given one but I wanted to give it to you. You don’t have to do it.)
And the questions I’m asking you….
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. Through blogging, what do you feel is your greatest achievement?
3. What crafting project are you most proud of? (Could you include a picture?)
4. Why did you start crafting?
5. Crisps or chocolate?
6. Describe your perfect day.
7. If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be?
8. What are you giving up for lent?
9. What is your most prized possession?
10. What recent book would you recommend me?